Steph Breast Augmentation Story…

I’m 41 and have always been flat chested, and 2012 was the year I changed I went on a diet and lost a lot of weight, and as a treat to myself I decided to finally get myself a boob job! I wanted to have it done for years, but never did anything about it, until I snapped in November and said to myself that I had to get my boobs done. I did not want to have huge boobs at all I just wanted to look natural, but a nice size, someone you might just think ohh nice boobs, but the sort of size you wouldn’t think oh they must be fake.

I had done a lot of research and was considering going abroad as it was a lot cheaper then having it done in the UK, but my work colleagues persuaded me that wasn’t the wisest way to go. So I hunted around the UK for a good value clinic and came across I read up on them and looked at the reasons for it being cheaper, mainly a shorter after-care period then the larger groups that cost a lot more, and the surgery takes place as a private patient in a NHS Hospital as opposed to going to a private hospital. Well taking all this into account and working out how much it was saving me I decided to go ahead and give them a call.

I am in the midlands, so 110 miles from the clinic in Liverpool so I had a couple of nice chats with the nurse and explained that I could pay a deposit and then would have to pay the rest X days before the op on my payday. This worked out fine, and I had an initial consultation with her via the phone purely because I couldn’t make it into the office and after thinking it all through I paid the deposit and arranged to see the surgeon. My surgeon was a Mr Samra (I had done some research on my surgeon which i recommend everyone does, and was very impressed with him) So the day of my consultation came, and I met the nurse first who I had chatted to on the phone and we went over everything and checked that I was comfortable, and the surgery was appropriate for me etc… then we went through and saw the surgeon. We discussed all the available boob sizes from small to large, and settled on two possible sizes, I stressed to the surgeon my main requirement was a natural look. I didn’t want the Pamela Anderson look. So everything was agreed, we booked a date for the surgery which was to take place in North Wales.

Because I had a long journey home they recommended that I book a local hotel room for the night after the surgery so that I wouldn’t have the stress of having to be driven home after the surgery.

So I got up bright and early on the day of the Surgery, around 4.30AM as I had to be at the hospital at 8AM. My other half drove me there, the hospital was a typical NHS Hospital, which was undergoing renovation on the ground floor, so not the prettiest looking place in the world, but that was irrelevant as I wasn’t there to judge it’s aesthetics. I got to my ward on the first floor and the nurses were all wonderful, showed me to my bed, it was in a small day ward with 6 beds. I was keen so the first one there. So I just relaxed on the bed reading a book, sent my other half off and asked him to come and see me around 11. About half an hour later I got to see my surgeon Mr Samra, who drew pretty circles around my boobs which was fun, and he went through what was happening confirming he had two different sized implants ready and would go with whichever was the most appropriate. I then say the anaesthetist, and about 9:20 got walked down to the surgery. I then hopped onto my bed which had come down as well, I was given a small cannula in my arm which is what they use to put the drugs into you, and that was that. The next thing I remember was waking up a couple of hours later back on the ward in my bed, my other half was sitting beside me, and the first thing I did was take a peek, WOOHOO!! I had boobs.

It was awesome looking down and instead of being flat having two bumps in front of me. I had a bit of toast and some fruit on the ward and stayed there until I felt ready to leave, and as it was a horrible day outside i was a bit lazy and stayed curled up on my bed until about 4PM when I went home I saw the surgeon in the afternoon and he said he’d tried the bigger implant but it just looked fake, so went with the smaller implants. 340cc to be precise.

I felt a lot better than I was expecting and instead of going to a local hotel, we ended up driving home instead. I was quite tired and was dozing on and off in the car. We got home at about 7.30 – 8 PM, all in all a long day but I was at home in my own bed, and best of all I had boobs. From an aftercare point of view i had all the information and the nurses numbers so I could call if I had any problems. I had my post op appointment with my surgeon booked. I had to put this off as I had no holiday left and i’m actually going for my follow up appointment next Monday with the surgeon, which will be 9 weeks after the op, but the clinic had organised that a nurse at my doctors practise would do my post op check up that needed to take place 1 week or so after the op. So I went to see my local nurse who took off all the dressings and said everthing looked fine, and it was.

The first three weeks post op I was in some discomfort and pain, but I was only off work for 1 week, but the pain killers did their job and it was fine just slightly uncomfortable, the hardest thing was probably the fact that if like me you need the pain killers they can mess with your tummy and leave you feeling bloated for a few days, but it’s fine, and I had boobs. I cannot describe how exciting it was to have boobs for the fist time in my life. We were in the middle of a cold snap, and I found it quite my body took a while to adjust to the silicone, my boobs just felt really cold all the time. But, it wore off and it’s now 60 days since my operation and I am in heaven. I’ve gone from AA to D cup size and they look fantastic, and I feel brilliant. The implants were initially very solid, but they have become softer and just look awesome.


Steph xxx

Steph Before Pictures

Steph After Pictures