Breast Enlargement Surgery Liverpool UK
All that happens Post-Op
Your body is unique and how you react to a certain procedure may be different from how someone else reacts to the same procedure. Breast enlargement may not be a very complicated procedure but the post-operation care is of utmost importance. It is crucial that you have someone at home to take care of after the surgery. The first 48 hours is absolutely crucial.
What to expect after your breast enlargement surgery
The most important thing is to have realistic expectations from the surgery. The body can take in only as much, and you have to be in compliance with it. Here are a few things you can expect to happen after your breast enlargement surgery:
- You will need larger bras: It is probably exactly what you intended. Yes, breast implant for bigger breasts will require you to buy bigger bras. You will probably need a little time to adjust to the new size of your breasts.
- Nausea: You may experience nausea after your surgery is over. Hence, it is advisable that you drink up a lot of water before the surgery in order to avoid such a situation.
- Pain: You may experience some pain post surgery but then do not worry. There are pain medications you will receive to help you with the pain. However, it would be wise to eat something before you take your pain medications because they have a tendency to upset an empty stomach. Just a simple white bread or some biscuits will be fine.
- Trouble sleeping on your side: This will continue only for the first few days after the breast enlargement surgery. You may not immediately be able to sleep on your side. Instead practice sleeping on your back most of the times. It may ease help to ease the pain a little if you prop yourself up on pillows.
- Medications: You will be required to take in a few medications after the surgery. It is important that you let your doctor know if you have been taking any other medication so that your doctor can determine if he needs to make any alterations in his prescription.
- No alcoholic beverage: You have to abstain from drinking any alcoholic beverage for at least the first 24 hours after the surgery.
- Clothes: You may like to wear comfortable and loose fitting clothes post-op. Button up shirts may be a good idea because you do not want to strain the tissues in and around your breasts just after the surgery. Pull-on pant and button up shirts should make you comfortable.
The aftercare is provided by the expert team of doctors and surgeons whom we refer to for your chosen surgery.
The doctors we refer you to are available for any questions that you may have.